Structured Products Advisory
- Credit research and portfolio management advisory to a recently launched NYC-based credit opportunities fund. Essentially providing senior analyst capabilities covering a wide breadth of industries with a focus on both high yield bond and loan credits. Includes both long hold strategies for specific managed accounts as well as event driven trading investments for the benchmark credit opportunities fund. Consulted on business development and infrastructure needs. Assignment is still active. (www.soundpointcap.com)
- Helped support the launch a new credit research outsource solutions firm (www.mbresearchadvisors.com) providing full service credit analysis capabilities to managers of leveraged loan and mezzanine paper. Provided development advisory, marketing and infrastructure support as well as interim senior analyst research and restructuring/work-out consultation.
- Advised a $750 million middle market private equity concern on strategies for investing in the debt markets including buying/trading individual names, acquiring portfolios or existing platforms, investing in existing platforms or debt managers, and investing in and/or partnering with a third parties to develop a new platforms. Assignment is still active.
- Provided CLO acquisition advisory for a New York-based $7.5 billion global high yield manager. The firm currently manages five market value funds and eight cash flow CLOs.
- Structuring advice and private placement assistance on behalf of three transactions in the for-profit eduction space for a leading New York-based middle market private equity concern.
- Debt platform acquisition advisory for a family backed private equity concern.
- Provided portfolio management assistance and due diligence support for a $2.5 billion New York-based manager of leveraged loans and mezzanine capital.
Corporate Finance Advisory
- Provided financing advisory and due diligence consultation for a Chicago-based institutional cleaning services business.
- Advised a Las Vegas, NV-based gaming equipment provider on its capital raising efforts including development of an equity financing model and pitch materials. This was a follow-on project after providing framework, marketing and strategic analysis to the CEO and CFO on a joint venture and distribution opportunity with a well known locals gaming franchise in the Las Vegas valley.
- Due diligence and financing advisory for the acquisition of a New Jersey-based industrial manufacturing corporation.
- Asset acquisition, lease structuring and international expansion (development of Mexican subsidiary) assistance for a Phoenix-based precast concrete provider. (www.mickelsonray.com)
- Provided line-expansion analysis and business development advisory for a Los Angeles-based global apparel provider.
- Modeling and debt financing advisory help for an early stage New York-based mobile technology provider.